Tuesday, November 22, 2016

My DIY Wedding - part 1 - Bridemaids bouquets

It's been so long, yes, but I have a good reason, I got married and did a lot of DIY for the wedding!
I wanted to share some if it  if maybe some other bride-to-be are looking for ideas for their own big day!
So first here are the bouquets I made for the bridesmaids
It was  a destination wedding so I needed something solid enough to be shipped and I liked the idea that the girls could keep them as a souvenir as well
"rolled" paper roses

I bought some polystyrene/Styrofoam balls 
and a Natural white blank  sketchbook  at the craft store 
You will also need:
 -  ribbon,  tulle
- some branches or sticks to make the "stems", 
- watercolor crayons if you want some colors  on the flowers
- cissors 
- a loaded glue gun! 

First, you need to determine the size of your flowers - Mine were out of a approx 4" circle.
Once you have decided the size, use a pattern or hand-draw like I did a spiral (ps: the more "spirals" means the more "petals) You can see the size of my spiral and the reasulted flowers . - It doesn't have to be perfect but pretty consistent - then, cut along your lines. (Except if you have a cricut machine, hand-drawn and cut is the fastest way I think .

After that, take your precut spiral and start to roll it from the outside toward the inside of the flower . Once you arrive at the center of the flower you should have enoug of a "base" to put so glue there and fix all the "petals" there. A lot of glue is always better. 

Glue the flowers to the ball once you add the stem 

I've made 8 bouquets, it was a lot of flowers and lot of time! I don't remember how many per bouquet but I guess it depends on the size of your Styrofoam ball and flowers.
Now, take you ball and make a hole in which you can glue on branches or sticks to make a "stem-handle" - again, the more glue the better ! Then cover the sticks with a ribbon of your choice (glue each and of the ribbon to the stick (you will add a bow on it later)


And once you have a good amout of flowers start glue them on the ball. You want them really close to eachother, so you don't see the ball under.


Add a bow on top and that's it!
I added some color to some of the flowers in mine with watercolor pen but it's not mandatory in this project. If you want more info, please pm me!

No comments:

Post a Comment