Tuesday, November 22, 2016

My DIY wedding - part 2 - The Boutonieres

In the same idea as the bouquets for the girls, I created boutonnieres for the groomsmen using cardstock colored papers to make them more solid


What you will need :
-assorted cardstock papers or any paper heavy enough
- double prong hair clip or any flat clip similar  to this 
- scissors
- glue gun & sticks
- Optional: a paper punch  like this if you want to add leaves to your boutonierer and some light paper (like printer paper, green or other color ) 

To create the boutonniere use the same principle for the flower as for the girls bouquet projext, here : https://cafe-croquis.blogspot.com/2016/11/my-diy-wedding-part-1-bridemaids.html
But you should use a heavier paper, so it stays in place. I made 9 boutonnieres. I think I used 2 or 3 sheet of each colors . While you do the flowers, keep the paper leftovers for the 2nd step.

Once you have your flowers, take your leftovers cardstock and cut stripes of 2inch x 3.4 inch. (1 per flower)
You can round up the corner (like I did in the picture or not)
Take 3 of your flowers, glue the first one at the top of the stripe. Then place and glue the 2 others depending on your tastes. If your flowers are bigger than mine, just make a bigger stripe)





Once this is done, turn over the flower and glue the flat side of your hair clip to the stripe. Want to make it more secure? glue a stripe of paper over the flat side of the clip and to the paper . In my case I also used a extra safety pin (just glue the paper stripe around it ) for security

Want to add some "fern" around? Use your paper punch in a printer like paper (cardboard will break the paper punch)  and glue them around the flowers (don't put too much glue this time and try to hide it the flowers "petals"

And here you go! Need more info? Please pm me or comment !:)





No comments:

Post a Comment