Monday, March 20, 2017

DIY Frame in a shadow-box!



For a birthday coming up I decided to create a photo-frame for the birthday girl. But I wanted to do something more original than a simple frame. At the shop I saw a shadow box frame with a B&W picture in it that looked nice but unpersonalizable. So here's a DIY on how to make a personalized shadowbox-frame!

Here's what you'll need:

- a photo of your choosing
- a shadow box of the size of your picture 
- gold paint or a gold pen
- a printer 
- your text
- paper, pen, cissors, tape, ruler, brush

Step 1: 
Get your picture or print it 
Step 2 : 
Choose your text. For my case, i wrote it on the computer so i can choose what I exactly wanted but you could also use some existing quote online etc. If you're using photoshop or anything similar, flip your image then print it. If not, print it on thin paper and use transparency to reproduce. Here's what it should look like.


Step 3:
Stick with tape your reversed text on the front of your glass. Then copy your text with a gold pen or paint. Mine was not the best so I would not recommend it and will look for something else. Text needs to be well covered in gold. 



If you make mistakes, let it dry, then you can use a metal object to slowly and carefully scratch it. In my case I used an old tweezer and a brush to clean the gold dust.


Step 4: 
Once your done, it should look like that (up) . Then clean your glass with window cleaner, both sides but be careful to avoid the text, put all the frame back together, et voila! 


Need help? Or a frame? I can do custom orders too :) let me know in messages

No comments:

Post a Comment