Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Halloween costume 2017

A post long overdue!

I wanted to post here some pictures of my last Halloween couple costume with just-married hubby!

This year we were Corpse Bride Emily and Victor.
The Emily costume was the hard part. I wanted to do as much as I could from scratch to keep the feeling of the the 'hand-made puppet" into the costume.

So here are some of the 'tricks' I used:

For the skirts, I bought fabrics of different weights, cut them to look like tears and paint them with arabesques. Then finally saw them together.






The bustier is actually a cheap lingerie bustier that I covered  with lace with the sewing machine. I added some pearls and then paint with acrylic paint to obtain variations of blues and blacks.
The rib cage detais is actually polymer clay I sculpted, baked and glue to the bustier.
I rework the painting around this area to look hole, like a cratch in the dress.
I also bought cheap polyester gloves and painted them blue with bony fingers on them, (and imitate the teared effect on the gloves)





- The crown is made of plastic flowers painted and attached together with a metal wire 'crown'. The veil is handsaw with arabesque of blue string


- all the face is covered with body paint from Menhron, very nice to use and dry instantly
< here's some test paint I did on myself!
I bought a blue wig, lenses and a sock that I put on my arm  to imitate a skeleton arm!





- the Victor costume was simpler.  All I did was to transform a Elvis wig (yes!) to the shape I needed using a lot of glue and hair spray. Did some face make up as well and bought a tie and vest, pants. But the stripes on the pants are also handdrawn to again keep with puppet - hand-made effect as much as I could!
If you have any questions about these costumes please email me! ;)



Oh, and yes! I re used my real wedding bouquet as a prop! I just covered it with black tulle to give it a more 'moody effect" !

No comments:

Post a Comment