Wednesday, March 8, 2017

My wedding DIY part 6 - the invitations

We decided to do all our watercolor invitations by hand.
For that, I used
- a heavy watercolor paper found at Michaels (100 lb+) Mine was a 24" sheet
- Acrylic paint from Basics
- Brushes for acrylic paints of various sizes
- scissors and scalpel
-painter's tape
-a surface to attached the painter's tape
-stamps (that I will talk about later) and stamp inks, a stamping block
-ruler, eraser, transparent paper

Starting from there I divided the sheet in 8 x 12 inches and taped each square to a wood support. This will help for the paper to not bend and stay flat.
Design will be your choice, but you will certainly use a pre made pattern you like on transparent paper and reproduce your drawing on each square before starting the painting
Here are some of the pictures of the different steps :


It is a lot of work and painting, but it has a "zen" effect as well

All the text is stamped on the card> For this I used an etsy shop that let you create  your own stamps, with whatever you need, here its link:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlueDiamondStamps
For Ink pads, I used Color Box. They were really good and easy to use for this project

< Here you can see a stamp I used on our envelopes
To finish, after they all dry, I erased all the lines and  I cut them to the shape I wanted (using a pattern that I created for it as well in cardboard)  with just scissors >
Repeat, 50+ times and
 the final result:


No comments:

Post a Comment